Loose Cannon Story

Yaunt2

LawnSite Member
75% of the mature oak trees at my favorite camping area gone. Core of Engineers handed camp maintenance over to local city municipality. What started out three yrs ago as slight damage of tree canopies facing gravel areas has now became complete death. Sad what one idiot in flip flops & a sprayer can do. No....I didn't see him in flip flops, but thats the visual I get when I look at the mess.

Last edited:

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
I'm guessing you think they sprayed the gravel areas to kill vegetation and used something that eventually killed the whole tree?

Maybe try and find out what they used just for the heck of it.

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Worker needs to be certified--unless the site is his own property.
Take a soil sample and try to grow some tomatoes in it.
Total lack of weeds is a sign. Too bad. Shade is important.

OP
Y

Yaunt2

LawnSite Member
Looks like they used bromacil. For years it was maintained by a payed professional.
Posted via Mobile Device

chefcam864

LawnSite Member
About the only thing city hacks use around here is Gly. Those jackholes ride around in a Gator with a 100gal tank deusching everything they can hit without getting off their ass. They will NOT get off that dang Gator for anything! They buy five 32 gal drums of prosecutor from JDL at a time. Those fools destroy everything! At least Gly doesn't seem to kill woody plants so well, though it may not be the worst thing for those nimrods to nuke some of the Bradford's we have growing around town...
Posted via Mobile Device

Top Forums