1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

losing new truck smell

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by draftlawncare, Jun 15, 2004.

1. draftlawncare

draftlawncare LawnSite Member

i just bought a new truck and the damn thing stinks of grass already after 3 days anybody know of any tricks to keep this from happen, other then vaccuming everyday i dust off before getting in but that does not seem to help even the a/c stinks of wet grass i hate a stinking truck

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Febreze, I originally bought it to get the dog smell out of my other truck and realized that it worked so well that I now spray it in my work truck once a week.

3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

invest in some high quality seat covers and floor mats to save your truck!!!

4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Its inevitable..just give up trying to keep it smelling new!

5. Cuttingedglwncare

Cuttingedglwncare LawnSite Member

Try some dryer sheets(Snuggles,Downy,etc.) under the seats. When it gets hot it does a good job.

6. 2004F550

2004F550 LawnSite Senior Member

Smelling new?!.... I was just worried bout keeping the paint looking new and not dented up

7. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

hmmmmmmmmm..........

grass smells like money to me....and you gotta pay for that truck somehow....:angel:

8. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope he didn't mean doobies!!:rolleyes:

9. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Its a work truck, isn't it? It is a tool to make money and you make money by cutting grass so yes you may get grass in it.

10. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

"invest in some high quality seat covers and floor mats to save your truck!!!"

Jwingfield2k, sorry but I got to ask if they were on when you went 4 wheeling??? J/K

How is the insurance guy treating you? Got the new one yet.