I took over this Zoysia yard in May. At first sight, the yard had what appeared to be dollar spot. My first assumption was the previous company had been short on nitrogen. In my quote letter to the client, it was clearly noted that he had dollar spot. After my 2nd application of fertilizer last week, I noticed the dollar spot was still there. So I now concluded it might not be dollar spot. Had an expert go out with me this morning who said it was brown patch. It sure looked like dollar spot to me though. Only problem is that a TG/CL sign is in the yard. I called the homeowner to get the ok for a fungicide, but he had already called TG/CL to do it. He actually thought I was doing nothing about the problem. He also said that he left me a voice message, but I know that is not the case. One lesson I learned from this was even though I was taking steps to diagnose the supposed "dollar spot", the customer didn't know it. I suppose you can never communicate too much with your clients. So now it is too late for me to save face unless TG/CL really screws up his lawn. I'm sure they eventually will, but he will likely forget about me by then. This was not a huge loss for me money wise, its just the overall principle that makes me angry.