Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my Br-400 blower today. It was suppose to be firmly secured in the Jungle Jims. However, when I got home, the unit was gone.....My worker assures me that he properly secured the item prior to transport..... It is gone...and I am not particularly upset. I have been wanting to replace this dinosaur, which is hard to start for a long time.

What is the best to buy? The Red Max? The Echo?

I'll have to buy a replacement come Monday, or tomorrow, Saturday, I want to know what you think is the best blower to buy and why.

I actually wasted my time to backtrack hoping to find a pile of parts in the road. I sure hope that whoever found her, can use her. I was about ready to hurt her it in the hot July heat, because of her disposition. You know, the routine, pull on choke 4-5 times, pull an additional 3-6 pull to get it to fire off. I was the only one who knew her intimately. The newbies always flooded her, which left her useless I found time to revive her. A pain in the a**.
I don't need that piece of doggie do. I'm glad I didn't find her because I'd be stuck with using it until either it or I wore out.

What is the best blower on the market?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I bought the Echo 750 and love it. I saw the comparisons between just about all blowers at an open house and the Echo blew away (pardon the pun) all of them. Get out and demo for a true life comparison.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much did your Echo cost? I am shopping for the best deal in town. The place I will probably buy from sells the Echo and the Red Max, I think they are priced about the same.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The power difference is monumental. The Redmax is also quieter and starts easily.

Running well, the Stihl makes 3.35 Horsepower, the Redmax makes 4.75. That's nearly 50% more power.

Sorry for your loss. The sad part is we sold the BR400's on EBAAY for $225-$240.00. Even as a parts junker that won't run they fetch $75 or so on EBAY.

Ken

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by lugnut#6
shindaiwa eb630
yup!

shindaiwa EB630

Dry weight * 19.7 lbs (9.0 kg)
Displacement 3.8 in (62 cc)
Power 3.9 hp (2.9 kw) @ 7500 rpm
Output 201 mph (613 cfm)
Fuel tank capacity 67.6 oz (2.0 liters)
Noise rating 75 dB(A)

RedMax EB7000

Engine: Pro-G26L
Engine Displacement: 62.0 cc
Carburetor: Diaphragm with Purge Pump
Ignition System: Solid State
Fuel Capacity: 4.43 pints
Dry Weight: 21.1 lbs
Air Volume: 730 cfm
Air Speed: 204 mph
Noise Level: 73 dB(A)
Warranty: 1 Year Commercial, 2 Years Consumer

the shin is lighter, and only flows 4MPH slower than the RedMax. keep in mind though, RedMax measures their blowers w/ the tube off and shindaiwa measures them w/ it on(except for weight).

im not sure on the price of the RedMax but the eb630 Shins are going for about 460-475 around here.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
List is around $530 retail, I think I paid about 5 including tax.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A shop here in Memphis will sell me the Red Max 7001 or the Echo 650 for about 450-tax.
I wanted to go get the Red Max today, but was told that they were out....no floor demo, nothing.
I promised I would come demo the Echo 650 on Monday...

There is one other dealer here that sells Red Max [that I'm award of] and I am going to see if he will match the price I got on the Red Max earlier.

I will test the Echo, for the prices I got, both the Red Max and the Echo seem like bargains.

I am positively not getting another Stihl, thats for sure.

To be fair, I love my 026 pro saw, and my straight shaft pro stick edger.

I just have had enough of the finicky cranking of the Stihl blower. Whenever someone grabbed it, I held my breath until it started. what a pita.

Simple is better, One pull please, not 6.

The dealer with the deal on the Red Max and the Echo said the 420 was about 350-tax.
Another dealer will sell me the 420 for 399!

I run Shindawi trimmers, a 230 a t-27 and a 270. I am convinced Shindawi makes a superior trimmer, haven't heard much about their blowers though.

I just want the best I can afford, I figure I'll have to live with what ever I buy for a long time, and I want to buy one that I'll like to use.

·
Registered
389 Posts
if your going to demo a redmax and echo, why not demo a shin?

if people on this board bought things based on opinions of this site, everyone would run exmark mowers w/ echo 2 cycle stuff.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She is particular, I hope you find happiness in your relationship!:blush: :D

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was talking about Bartlett Small Engine and Gambrell's. Wasn't aware Kalb sold Red Max. You think they will match Bartlett?

By the way, how do you like your new Hustler 37" walkbehind?

Ron told me you came by to get one.

·
Registered
280 Posts
not sure what Kalb sells them for I buy my RedMax from Gambrell.

Hustler is awesome, although I am rarely on it (I'm either on the walker or the trimmer), my brother runs it, cut is great got to love the H bar.

Do you get any debris hitting you in the legs? I was told Hustler does not offer a "mud flap" (not sure the proper name for it) blocking debris from under deck.

·
Banned
656 Posts
The Stihl BP's are great for weekly Mow & Blow Accounts in the Summer when there's not Much Debris Because they are so Light & have Reasonable Power. They do feel Like Toys, however, after you Strap on an Echo 650 or 750. I put One of Each on the trailers, so the guys Can chose depending on Conditions.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Air speed overrated, CFM is much more important, but what really really matters is HORSEPOWER and the Redmax wins hands down. What about when your blower gets old and has leaky tubes, etc. Those "ideal condition" tests won't matter as much as how many ponies are under the hood.

A brand new SAAB in 1988 might have had the same HP rating as a Mustang GT 5.0, but 15 years later which one still puts the power to the pavement...you guessed it, the one with the real power.

Ken

Shindaiwa EB630

Dry weight * 19.7 lbs (9.0 kg)
Displacement 3.8 in (62 cc)
Power 3.9 hp (2.9 kw) @ 7500 rpm
Output 201 mph (613 cfm)
Fuel tank capacity 67.6 oz (2.0 liters)
Noise rating 75 dB(A)

RedMax EB7000

Engine: Pro-G62L
Engine Displacement: 62.0 cc
Power 4.75 hp (3.5 kw) @ 7500 rpm
Carburetor: Diaphragm with Purge Pump
Ignition System: Solid State
Fuel Capacity: 4.43 pints
Dry Weight: 21.1 lbs
Air Volume: 730 cfm
Air Speed: 204 mph
Noise Level: 73 dB(A)
Warranty: 1 Year Commercial, 2 Years Consumer

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.