1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

lost the check

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Oct 11, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

new client, first payment, check was for like $250. stopped at the post office on our way out of town for a few days. lost the check in the woods while camping. just gone, no idea where it went. i believe it ended up in the garbage by accident. now it can't be cashed by anyone, cus it's made out to xyz landscaping. i called client and told him the check was lost. if he wants to stop payment, fine, i'll pay the fee, but i'll need a replacement check, minus the fee, asap. now i certainly consider myself a reasonable man, but i'm getting a bit annoyed. how long should it take for client to issue a replacement check? i been waiting patiently

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

How long have you waited.....I think a week should be plenty of time?

3. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

What did he say when you called him? Is he gonna tack on a replacement check surcharge?
    Crawdad

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

A week should be plenty of time to get a new check to you. I wouldn't even think of trying to hit them with a late fee.

Gravely_Man

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I lost a check last month, actually about 6 weeks ago on a regular weekly customer. He wanted to wait to make sure the check doesnt come back or got delayed at the bank. Gonna take about 2 cycles to make sure the bank isnt just holding it