1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

LOTS of questions.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by logan, May 8, 2005.

1. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

How much does a 8x20 enclosed trailer weigh and cost? I also would like to know how much it can carry. I have a 52inch rider, a 36inch Stander and will have a 61inch rider before too long. I have a 2003 F150 with the 5.4 engine. I don't typically carry anything in the bed either. I think that may be too much weight to put behind it, but I'm not sure (there were lots of different views when I did a search). If it is too much weight, will it cost to much to add transmission and oil coolers? What about spring assist for the rear? I have a single axle enclosed trailer now that is 6x12 and alot of weight goes on the trailer hitch. How much weight is taken off the hitch by having 2 axles(avoiding the see-saw action of a single axel)? Thank you all in advance.

2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an F-150 and a F-250. I also have a 8.5x20' enclosed trailer. Personally, I would never pull the big enclosed trailer with my F-150. It's way too much weight! Sometimes I even wish I would have gone with a F-350 Dually for stability reasons. It's us to you but I honestly think that trailer is too big for that truck.

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we pull a 8X16 with 1/2 tons.... no problems...

even pull it with an s-10 without much drama.