Lawn Care Forum banner
201 - 220 of 2,009 Posts
I'm in Baton Rouge and thinking about getting into the business next year. I'm currently in college at LSU (if you couldn't tell by the username heh) and am looking to do this about 20-30 hours a week during the semester and full time 40+ hours a week during the summer. Still looking at what equipment to get and what dealers I should deal with. Mainly on here trying to do a lot of research so I know what I'm doing when I get started.

I'll either be working in Baton Rouge, Hammond, or Covington next year. My dad is in the home building business in Hammond and has offered to help pay for the equipment and help me start out. Anyways, first post is a little longer than I was expecting it to be so I guess what I'm saying is Hello and educate me on everything I need to knwo about this business :usflag:

Only 38 questions!?
Been looking thru the LC book, like 300 pages, n they only have 38 questions on the test? Kinda got me worried, care to share wat i should go back and look over before i take the test? Would really appreciate it, n hope you did well!!

Only 38 questions!?
Been looking thru the LC book, like 300 pages, n they only have 38 questions on the test? Kinda got me worried, care to share wat i should go back and look over before i take the test? Would really appreciate it, n hope you did well!!
i didnt do so hott! study all the native palnts and trees! o yeah study all the native plants and trees!!

Are you serious about knowing them all, or joking around?

I'm thinking of taking all the courses myself and am needing to know what to take and what to know.

BTW Krazyee, nice lil website you have going.

Thank you for helping us with our freedom over here in the usa.

Going to put any pics of lawns you have done onto your site?

Are you serious about knowing them all, or joking around?

I'm thinking of taking all the courses myself and am needing to know what to take and what to know.

BTW Krazyee, nice lil website you have going.

Thank you for helping us with our freedom over here in the usa.

Going to put any pics of lawns you have done onto your site?
thanks! i really need to update my site.

not jokin bout the test. one question worth ten points was mark next to each tree if it was native or not. they gave ten trees. about 6 mulch/fertilizer word problems. bunch of mark if these are perrinials or annuals. name this element to which definciency

I made out ok with Gustav. Out of power only 24 hours.

Wow, its been a long time since I've been on here. I don't know why I don't get the emails notifying me of new post. I just got one today, so here I am.

We couldn't go back to work until Friday, and worked all day Saturday. I did loose one of my crew. I havn't heard from him since before the storm. (I should not have given him his check early)

made out ok here in abita, a bit of tree debris to pick up and such, no biggy, make a lil extra money for the pick up

went out again today, did another one and worked in the light rain for around one hour then gave up

hopefully the next hurricane wont come our way, dont feel like evacuating again

we just got power today , been 5 days on generator , went out today and cut second account since storm , and did alot of clean up around my own house , had around 15 trees that topped and 3 of them that came out the ground roots and all , got a big mess , but the house is okay , gonna try and hustle up some more accounts to help get on top again ... hope everyone else faired as well as we did , take care ...

No damage to my home....just some leaves & limbs in the yard..... Just getting back into the swing of things today.....working like a dog at my full time job since the storm (9 - 16hr nights and counting) trying to mow during the day on 4 hrs sleep....all while scheduling yard clean-ups too...should get better in a few days though.

hey everyone, my parents home made out alright only we didn't have power for days. But now I'm back working as usual and trying to catch up from all the work I missed.

Well, seems we've made out ok, so far, from Ike. Lots of wind/gusts, not very strong for the most part luckily. Did my cuts on Thursday while I had time. No money lost so far from my accounts.

Wishing those of you who have gotten it bad from Ike, the best. Good luck with it all.

Discussion starter · #219 ·
i lucked out too, got gusts up to 55 MPH , a few downed limds and trees, including the one on my friends LCO trailer, mowers are ok, trailer is totaled. making a few extra $$ on cleanups too.

Hey just wanted to tell everyone hi, I am new to the business and to the sight. I live and work in Lafayette and have a full time government job with benefits so as of now this is a part time job.

201 - 220 of 2,009 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.