Love the lawn care lifestyle

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Wisconsin Gravely Guy, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Wisconsin Gravely Guy

Wisconsin Gravely Guy LawnSite Member

Hello, I am Josh and I own WIsconsin Lawn Care Company LLC. Thanks for adding me. I will be going into my 4th year since starting the business and I love every bit of it, I just wish I could mow all year long.

2. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Welcome to Lawnsite Josh:waving:

zlandman, RussellB and Walker56 like this.
  3. Koehn's Lawn Service

Koehn's Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know how big your business is or how many yards you do but talk to me in about 32 years lol just razzin you keep it manageable and keep it so you can continue to enjoy what you are doing. Glad you enjoy it keep goin my friend

4. That Guy Gary

That Guy Gary LawnSite Silver Member

After spending almost 20 years in an office or cubicle of some sort I've come to love it too, I'm definitely a happier person now!

5. Carolina Cuttin' Company

Carolina Cuttin' Company LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I'm a novice, (4 months under another guy (Landmark Services, LLC) in 2016 and in my fourth month on my own) but I love the physical work and the look of a well cared for yard. I'm a lone operator right now, but I loved working with the crew back in 2016. Whether it was a Bojangles' parking lot or someone's backyard at Lake Murray, we knew each others work patterns and could jump out of the truck and get into the flow of it just like that.

The one thing I don't like is the paperwork, and that's relatively minimal for me right now. :eek: As soon as I can, I'll be hiring someone to handle that for me.

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum!
    Last season was a nightmare in many areas of the country. HOT , humid and wet every month except September. From 9 am on. Cooled down in September and then the grass died:cry: So not very enjoyable

Mark Stark and JLSLLC like this.
  7. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Fanatic

Remember you had that one nice day in june ?

8. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

The man is on a Gravely. Of course he is happy. Everyone should have a few in the stable. :usflag: Good luck to you Wisconsin Gravely guy.

hort101 likes this.
  9. Carolina Cuttin' Company

Carolina Cuttin' Company LawnSite Senior Member

How many people here own, used, or have used a Walker? https://www.walker.com/ https://www.walker.com/models/2018-commemorative/ My old boss had 3 (2 Bees and a bagger. Don't remember the exact model, all were 42"." and a John Deere Z-Track (52"). I'll never be content with anything but a Walker again. (Currently, all I have is a Troy-Bilt tractor style.) I'd love to find out who's a Walker fan on this forum.

hort101 likes this.
  10. Koehn's Lawn Service

Koehn's Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

I have 5 walkers one is now a parts machine believe it or not it is a 87 old chain drive 1st walker I ever bought some 28 or 30 years ago. All I run is walkers except for my commercial toro 21 and 30 inch. Did purchace a 32 scag walk behind for this upcoming season. Love my walkers. In my area that is what everyone runs around here. I am starting to see some commercial guys starting to run hustler another company runs the big deere other than that everyone runs walkers here