Low ballers - weekend warriors - enough!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by meets1, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Fanatic

So you are raking in $240 per man hr.
    But on a good busy day only making $200 ???

Curious- is a good busy day like 3/4 hours long ? ;)

NormP, Mark Oomkes, weeze and 3 others like this.
  2. hal

hal LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Georgia

It's the new math, you know, no need to explain because he said it, that's all is needed.

3. Cam15

Cam15 LawnSite Bronze Member

It's called common core....:hammerhead:

4. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

You hit the nail on the head. He said “if” he could line up 100 and “when” he stays busy.

Translation - He has about 10 of these duplexes and makes $200 but he’s making $240/hr he just doesn’t have a full days worth of work. Why? Cuz he rolls in his Mitsubishi Lancer, limiting his clientele but hey, he’s saving a whole lot of $ and making $240/hr.

5. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

Not to mention he’s not getting paid every time from everyone, I never do!Lawn guy last priority

Owed a lot already

sjessen, Doc8406 and Cam15 like this.
  6. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

I’m actually seeing a bigger increase in guys working on the side this year or as you say weekend warriors. I know I already lost some work from them. Mowers are getting cheaper and easier to finance, more people out there to make money.

That doesn’t really bother me as much is as unprofessional people out there don’t know how to clean up after him selves or just do a hack job.And my favorite driving around with stuff flying off the truck or about too

hort101, NormP, Doc8406 and 1 other person like this.
  7. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Bronze Member

I took care of 75 homes in a community with small lawns and many under $20 per lawn. It got to be such a grind I have phased it out over the last couple of years. You will find that the homeowner equipment won't hold up to this kind of volume.

hort101, Doc8406 and Cam15 like this.
  8. 13Razorbackfan

13Razorbackfan LawnSite Silver Member

Yep...I learned over the years I don't want those customers who want the cheapest lawn service avilable. I want folks who want quality work and know that I'm going to show up when I say and do quality work

9. hal

hal LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Georgia

That is exactly right. You don't want these 20/cut jobs.

Mark Oomkes and 13Razorbackfan like this.
  10. Chris DaMower

Chris DaMower LawnSite Member

No my most profitable lawns are my cheapest. When I am mow them I make $240/hr but for 5min. If you could do math or possibly read you would notice that I state I would be thrilled if I could line up 100 of these $20 lawns and go to town, but as we all know tou dont just start out with 100 of.your favorite type of lawns to do everyday. If I did I would make $2000 a day in 8 hrs and 20 mins. But who would think I dont have 700of these lawns to go at all week lined up in a nice row. Heck I dont have 10. But if I did I would prefer them over the $50 lawns that can take me anywhete from 45 mins to 1.5 hours. Its easy to flap your gums and push a mower. Thinking before you do these things is a bit harder isn't it sir.