Low ballers - weekend warriors - enough!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by meets1, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Fanatic

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Cam15 likes this.
  2. Eliyyah

Eliyyah LawnSite Member

So I found myself reading this whole thread and realized I didn’t care anymore what the content was about because this comment was so funny that I chuckled out loud. Maybe it was the way you worded it. Smh. ^_^

Cam15 likes this.
  3. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Sometimes, there are customers that can’t be reached. You and them just don’t click. Everyone is different and, as you know, you don’t get every single bid that’s bid out. You’re never going to get rid of the weekenders, fly-by-nighters, “handy men”, “friend of a friend who ‘used to do landscaping’”, etc.
    There are always “what ifs”. I don’t know you and am not criticizing you or badmouthing you but it’s crazy that you lost out on a bid that was 1% lower on cost. Was that a customer that just couldn’t be reached? Did you attempt to rebid? Maybe you inadvertently rubbed that customer the wrong way. Maybe they already knew that they were going with these guys cause of the “friend of a friend” thing or “who you blow not who you know” thing and they just had to get other bids out of formality?
    Bottom line is that these non-landscaper landscapers are not going away.

Walker56, hal and Cam15 like this.
  4. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

I almost didn't read this. When I saw it was brought back I thought is was another person crying about lowballers.

Well said sir.

Oh and sorry about Whataburger.

Walker56, Outlawn and Cam15 like this.