1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

low sun plants??

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Scenic Lawnscape, May 4, 2004.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape LawnSite Senior Member

I have a design I am working on and the area that i am working on is in the back yard under a huge tree so there is very low amounts of sun. My customer requested alot of color in the design. Any ideas on what kind of plants and low maintenance shrubs I could use in this design?? She also mentioned the english garden style, but im not to sure what that is I am in Zone 5

2. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not sure about zone 5 but here are a few I use. I'm in zone 7 by the way. Azaleas, rhododendrons, hostas, lecothia, mahoney, acuba goldust, hydrangea, anise, camellias. Maybe this will help a little.

3. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the input

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Go with some impatients. They get rather large, and just mix in a bunch of color. Plus they won't last through the winter, so she'll have ya come back in a few months to plant something new:)