Low Volume- Dimension

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawncaresolution, May 14, 2018.

1. lawncaresolution

lawncaresolution LawnSite Member

Low Volume Guys,

I am spraying at 0.5 gallons of water per 1000 square feet. The Dimension label calls for .73 ounces per 1000 square feet. Are you low volume guys applying .73 ounces per 1000 square feet of Dimension? Or less? I only do one app for the crabgrass preventer.

2. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

The amount of water that you are using for a carrier and the amount of active ingredient have very little to do with each other in your situation. I apply .37 oz’s Per M using 24 oz’s of water per M with no issues.

Reedo and That Guy Gary like this.
  3. pieperlc

pieperlc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have some trouble with screens clogging on our T when using dimension 2ew. Is that the formulation your using? It'll go for a while but have to stop every so often and clean the filter in front of the pump.

4. FdLLawnMan

2EW is a liquid, how is that plugging screens? Are you mixing it with something else?

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Plugging the filter?
    How cum?
    I suggest you try a improvise a prefilter of some kind inside the tank. Use silicone sealer on a dry tank. Glue a patch of fiberglass window screen over the uptake outlet.
    Or make a plastic bottle basket for over the uptake tube. Saw-cut thin slits or drill small holes in the bottle. Cut to fit and glue in place with silicone sealer.

Also, do your best to install an agitation nozzle inside the tank on the return line from the pump and regulator.

6. lawncaresolution

lawncaresolution LawnSite Member

Anybody else...how much dimension per 1000 square feet for a single app?

7. FdLLawnMan

It depends on where you are. I am in central Wisconsin so I am at 1 pt per acre. The farther south you go the more you need.

8. pieperlc

from Midwest

It gelled up in the screen in front of the pump. But sure how or why. Todd year it was mixed with nothing. I mixed with t-zone in the last and had similar issues. I don't do a lot of it so I can clean off the screen occasionally and be fine. Still annoying. Dow rep told me it night because of the low volume. Thought maybe I'd get a tip the next size up if I wanted to do a lot more spraying if pre, then wouldn't have to mix as hot. Haven't decided to go that route yet.

9. pieperlc

from Midwest

Are you using the 2ew formulation?

10. FdLLawnMan

The 2EW is reacting with something. I have never had 2EW clog when using by itself. Is your water very hard or different in some way. I just sprayed 2EW with T-Zone with no issues.