1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Lowered adjustable baffle on Turf Tiger...snag point

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ed2hess, Nov 8, 2019.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I lowered the baffle about a half inch now I got a snag point on right side. It looks like the mulch plate would fit up even but I don't have a mulch plate. We will need to make something to ensure it don't catch on trailer ramp.

KIMG1668.JPG

Any great ideas?

2. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from South Jersey

Does that deck have a anti scalp roller on the back edge ? Could it be lowered enough to protect the edge ? Or have your son fab up a anti scalp roller asy.......

sjessen likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe do something with front on

KIMG1669.JPG

KIMG1671.JPG

4. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from South Jersey

We had a similar problem, only with unloading. Our older Exmarks have a weld-mount on the back edge of the deck, going up or down, the roller lifted the deck up enough to clear the back edge.

All of our newer Exmarks do not have any roller/anti scalp mount on the back edge of the deck. We have one trailer where going up wasn't a problem, coming down the deck would get caught on the angle iron that holds the wood planks in place.

Anyway, long story short, what I did was take 2 sheets of 3/4 plywood, cut to fit and stacked on top of each other, placed them at the back edge of the trailer deck to raise the angle to the ramp, clearance problem solved.

ed2hess and sjessen like this.