1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

lowering overhead..

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by fga, Dec 14, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

in my never ending quest of lowering overhead.. i got my truck insurance rates for this year. $134 a month for 9 months!!! awesome. my first year, i was way above $300, for 10 months. With the sale of my other truck, and the trailer i'm looking for, which is ofcourse a small registration fee.. my vehicle costs should be almost non-existant (not including repairs, and unseen circumstances). I had a dump and a pick up, kept my equipment in the (dump truck)... 2 insurances. now i will have the new pick up and a trailer.
    what are you guys paying for your truck rates? am i just in the normal range, and payed alot in the past? or is this sounding as good to you as it does me? :) payup

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i pay $100 a month for insurance on my 2000 gmc sierra

3. TSpeciaLized

TSpeciaLized LawnSite Member

I too only pay 100.00

4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 99, 93, and a 92 total is $168 per month

5. WigginsLandscaping

WigginsLandscaping LawnSite Member

Is that for commercial vehicle insurance with 1million liability on the vehicle?
    100/month sounds cheap. I think we are paying around 130 for just our 01 ford f350 diesel.?

6. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

$550/month for 4 trucks. Adam, what company did you go through?

7. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

wow, guess i just feel lucky to be in the normal range. i have had some rediculous rates in the past which i've had to pay. 1 year it was over 4000 for one truck, non-commercial!
    that is for standard insurance. it's good coverage though.
    and that is is throuhg a company called "Auto One". they're in Melville NY,but i go through a broker.

8. jmcooper

jmcooper LawnSite Member

I just paid mine last week, $217 for 6 months of coverage. That is for one truck (98 chevy p/u) and full coverage. It comes out to $37 a month.

9. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

My commercial policy on a '02 1/2 ton, full coverage comes in at $1056 a year. Same agent has comm. vehicle, bus. ins., and homeowners ins.. I'm thinking of giving him my medical as well as wifes personal veh.,. Man, I need to start selling insurance on the side! :dizzy: :dizzy:

10. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Mine is $417.00 per quarter for 3 vehicles.