• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Lowest lowball ever!

lawnprosteveo

LawnSite Bronze Member
I talked with my father in law today...he lives about 4 hrs away in SW Okla. He has three acres and is getting too old/too lazy to mow it. So he tells me he has hired a 17yr old kid to do it.........I asked how much....he says...$20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said he was really screwing that kid...but I guess its really the kid screwing himself!

puppypaws

LawnSite Fanatic
I talked with my father in law today...he lives about 4 hrs away in SW Okla. He has three acres and is getting too old/too lazy to mow it. So he tells me he has hired a 17yr old kid to do it.........I asked how much....he says...$20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said he was really screwing that kid...but I guess its really the kid screwing himself!
You don't know you are being screwed if you can't feel it.

Vikings

LawnSite Bronze Member
I do residential drive ways for snow removal.

I also do window cleaning, so I'm talking to a customer and gave her a price for snow removal. $85 a month she says one of the nieghbourhood kids is willing to do it for $50 for all 5 months of winter.

She told me the kids business plan, he is going to get 100 customers for $50 dollars a winter and make $5000.

desii

LawnSite Member
You might want to look at it a little differently...Consider the money he is saving as your future inheritance...:laugh:

RedMax Man

LawnSite Platinum Member
He doesn't have to charge right amount because his daddy is his equipment and fuel supplier.

bohiaa

LawnSite Fanatic
I think if a 17 year old kid told me that I'd pay him more....

just cant sleep at nights if I screw someone like that.....