Lawn Care Forum banner

M.A.D. Landscaping Thread

49K views 152 replies 33 participants last post by  Arena landscaping 
#1 ·
Hi, my name is Mike and I am the owner of my company M.A.D. Landscaping. I am currently 15 and am attending the local high school. This is my company's second year. I had a 52" Fixed Deck Wright Stander that I sold at the end of this season. I will post a picture of it below. I know I am only 15 but I have huge dreams and had great success last year. I really hope to expand my company this year. Anyways, I hope you guys like the pictures of my work and my equipment as I continue to add pictures. Thanks - Mike

See less See more
#2 ·
As I said above, I sold my Wright Stander. Well this is what I got today. A Scag 52" Turf Tiger with 3-Bagger and it has a 25 HP Kohler with only 1,080 hours! Sorry for the bad pictures, I was in a rush to take them. All the mower needs is two new front tires, a choke cable, and I need to seal a small oil leak. I should be able to preform all of those fixes. I will also be adding new blades, filters, oil, etc. Let me know what you guys think! It's funny because we drove it home in 15 degree snowy weather and the thing still started and ran like a beast after letting it sit in the heated garage for an hour. - Mike

#5 ·
Thanks a ton, mowing4rlife I will check out the sites!

Good luck to yah, Mike. Why did you switch from the stander to the scag?
Thanks, and the reason I switched was because my stander had over 2,400 hours on it and I wanted to get rid of it! It was really nice, it had a Kawasaki engine and was amazing on hills. I switched because of the number of hours and because I need something for all the fall leaves. The vacuum bagger should make easy work of all of the leaves. But, If I had an opportunity to buy another stander used for a good dollar I would, because it was an awesome mower. - Mike

#7 ·
Welcome! :waving:

With a little work that tiger will be great,and it seems like you made the right call getting rid of the stander with the hours on it keep the pics comming.
Thanks, and I'm really going to tune it up for next mowing season! I will make sure to keep everyone updated! - Mike

#8 ·
As I said above, I sold my Wright Stander. Well this is what I got today. A Scag 52" Turf Tiger with 3-Bagger and it has a 25 HP Kohler with only 1,080 hours! Sorry for the bad pictures, I was in a rush to take them. All the mower needs is two new front tires, a choke cable, and I need to seal a small oil leak. I should be able to preform all of those fixes. I will also be adding new blades, filters, oil, etc. Let me know what you guys think! It's funny because we drove it home in 15 degree snowy weather and the thing still started and ran like a beast after letting it sit in the heated garage for an hour. - Mike

[/IMG]
Great looking ztr! Did you purchase this mower used? How much you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?:clapping:

#10 ·
Great looking ztr! Did you purchase this mower used? How much you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?:clapping:
I also forgot to mention how I advertise! I first started putting flyers around the neighborhood and down a few streets. Then when I got a few customers, word spread and I got a few more calls. Also being that I am in high school, I talk to a lot of girls. I ask them, "does someone cut your grass"? and then I ask them if I can cut it? Most of them don't know crap about who cuts their grass or anything so then I talk to their parents and I get the mowing job for the season. It actually works pretty goood! :D ahahahaha

I found the Turf Tiger on craigslist.. The guy was asking $2,500 for the mower and the bagging system. For the price, I thought it may have been stolen, but the guy showed me all the paperwork from when he bought it at the dealer. - Mike

You better keep us updated.:D
Don't worry, I WILL! :D

#12 ·
How many hours did you have on the scag when you bought it?
I bought it today, the mower has 1,080 hours on it. I haven't put any hours on it other than driving it off the trailer. - Mike

#15 ·
I am jealous of your find. Right now i am looking for a stealing deal like yours. Here where i am for that same mower people want $3,500-$4,500 with all the options you got on that scag mower.
You just have to be really patient! I have been wanting to purchase a mower since around the end of November but I really hadn't found any good deals until when I found my Scag. I'm really glad I waited to find a deal like this. - Mike

#18 ·
Oh wow, you have a mower. Congarts. It's really hard to come by grass cutters with mowers.

How about some work pictures?
Thanks! I didn't have a lot of time to take pictures, but I think I took some. I will have to dig them up.

Nice Stander,i like that.
Thanks!

#20 ·
Your doing good at your age! I started out like you at 15, with a walk behind, trimmers and a small pos blower lol. May i ask, since your only 15, how do you get to your accounts? Do you just do local and ride the mower? or does someone drive you? -Jonathan
Thanks! Last year I had all of my weekly mowing accounts on my street and I just simply drove there on the stander. Then I would have a buddy take my blower and trimmer on my 4 wheeler. I did have 2 accounts that were a little further, so my dad just drove me there every week. They were only about 5-6 minutes away, but still just too far for me to drive my mower there. - Mike

#21 ·
Just to keep everyone updated, today I removed the old choke cable from the Turf Tiger. I should be getting a new cable and assembly in a few days along with a couple of other small items. I know, it's really dirty. I will clean her up soon! Here are the pictures. - Mike

#22 ·
Okay guys here is an update. I got a 2008 5 x 10 trailer. Here are pictures of it and some pictures of other equipment that I have. I also did take the turf tiger in for service at the scag dealer. Sorry for the bad picture quality it is from my iPhone. Everything is crammed in the garage so it's sorta messy. Here are the pics! - Mike

Stihl 14" Mini Boss with a Craftsman 18" behind it.

Stihl BR420C Magnum Backpack Blower

Stihl 55R Trimmer

Echo Trimmer ( I don't know the model number, I just got it)

Scott's Push Mower

Honda Snow Blower

Backpack Sprayer (sorry for bad picture)

Two small sprayers and an off brand 14" chain saw.

Craftsman Compressor

#23 ·
Nice equipment, keep working, you will be big someday.

#25 ·
Thanks! Here are some work pictures. These are the only ones that I could find on my computer. Not great stripes but these pictures were taken when I first started my business. I have much better techniques now and my stripes look better. - Mike

The kid in the picture is not me, it's my buddy. And yes, he did get a pair of steel toe boots, instead of those nike's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.