Mac bookkeeping software help

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Ticolawnllc, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

I got me a nice new Mac. What I didn’t know is I can use the old style quick book Any more. They only have the online version. What are some alternatives for Mac that I can look into

2. Okhydro

Okhydro LawnSite Member

We use quickbooks online. It takes a little time to get used to but its nice to work at home at work on a jobsite for billing or any reason.

3. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

I was looking to switch to service auto pilot. It’s like $10 more a month. I don’t do payroll in-house. I spoke to someone and they told me I can run multiple “branches” that way I can run my cleaning service with it as well. This change made me reevaluate my business software. I think I just going to switch. Thank you for your input. I realize now cloud service is the new way of doing business.

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Eh. Service autopilot isn’t what it’s cracked up to be IMO

5. CSR

CSR LawnSite Member
    from AB

I have QBO currently, and am probably going to switch to one of the several other options for our type of industry as encouraged by others on here (LMN, SAP, CLIP, JOBBER, etc.). Not sure which one yet. But from my experience with QBO, the only thing I like is that my accountant can log in and do my books. Otherwise I like the desktop version of QB better. But QBO doesn't have a client hub, I feel like I'm always clicking away from one page to get to another when that info should all be on the same page! To me the interface is hard to use. It's OK, if I had to keep it I would. You can send invoices, they can pay online (they don't charge for merchant service, just % of invoice), they have good reports, but it's not quite enough for me to keep it for long as my primary software considering the other options out there that would serve us lawn/landscape or service type better.

6. CSR

CSR LawnSite Member
    from AB

For those guys who do use SAP or others, does your bookkeeper/accountant use those the same as QBO or similar? Or do you still use QBO or another accountant software along with SAP or Jobber etc?

7. Okhydro

Okhydro LawnSite Member

This is true i knew a few guys in town that spent weeks and weeks switching over to it only to find it wasn't what they thought it would be. They ran it for a year since they had spent so much time and money on it

8. Okhydro

Okhydro LawnSite Member

I run QBO and also LMN they are great and integrate awesome

CSR likes this.
  9. CSR

CSR LawnSite Member
    from AB

What do you use?

10. Okhydro

Okhydro LawnSite Member

I don't have a bookkeeper or accountant. It really surprises me how many people do. I will admit its not always fun but i know i can trust myself or only have myself to blame if there is ever an issue. Plus with all the software's out there its super easy to do everything on your own