Lawn Care Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this winter I designed up and made a sulky for my w/b mower I havn't tested it out yet because of the weather and I need to weld one more peice on it but it looks sweet. Here are some pics.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Rolling Tread

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as cost I got the tires for $5 each at harbor freight have to see how good they will hold up. I got the steel scrap and told them they story and they gave it to me for free its 1/4" diamond plate it shouldn't break lolol. I had to pay for the round steel tubing though that was about $10. I also have bushings in each of the pivots, those cost about $ 15 total. If any of you want more pics or drawing files let me know I drew it up on the comp.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Originally posted by BSDeality
looks great, the only thing is it looks like the arm may not be long enough. you might find yourself hugging the machine.
I'm not sure. If you look at the trash cans as a guage, I think that the foot plate may just be extra large.

Looks good! Can we see some more pic's?

Brian

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
These dim. are close but not exect i made some changed when i made it. I am not sure if the arm will be long enough I had no idea how long to make it so i took my best guess at it I can always cut it and extend it out more.

Font Cylinder Circle Auto part Technical drawing

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Very impressive Steve, mind if I use your plans. I have some 1/4 diamond plate laying around and been thinking of making one. They cost a bunch when you buy one. Did you bend the 1/4 plate or cut & weld it?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
that looks great.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do any of you have auto desk inventer, or auto cad, or anything that can read a step file or iges or dwg? I can export it so any of those. If you just was a 2d drawing file I can post those like the 1 i did. There are some spots that i strengthed up though than whats in the drawing. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will be able to test it out and let you guys know how it works.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.