Magna Matic Blade Cleaner....anyone using it....?

Exact Rototilling

LawnSite Fanatic
Magna Matic Blade Cleaner....anyone using it....?

If YES how is it working out for you....?

Seriously considering this for a blade sharpening biz....10% sale going on now ...etc.

Yeah I know soak them in a 5 gallon bucket of water but if you’re doing 50 blades at a time....it could be handy.....and the water method is messy.

[youtube_browser]pmR7kUlVKl4[/youtube_browser]

OP
Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling

LawnSite Fanatic
Just curious, but why do you need to clean blades?
For a quick and dirty sharpening I do take short cuts at times but if you want to sell the service to the public and fly the banner of the best blade sharpening and balancing act in town one needs to walk the talk.

I've been using a cone balancer and/ or nail in the wall. Gets close but not exact. Can't correctly balance with grass goo on the blades.

Been using angle grinder with course grit and I'm good at it but its messy with.the bucket of water for blade cooling and.grass goo etc.

Many shops here charge extra for blade cleaning. No body in town uses a Magna Magic that I'm aware of.
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
i think it is a great product, but the need for it is slim save sharpening services and very large scale mowing operations.

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
Thanks Jason. I figured it was up there, but didn't think it was quite high. A bench grinder with a wire wheel will do the same thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
The paint is going to wear anyway. But for dead on balancing you need to have the grass off. I put fluid film on my blades before winter. No rust. I used to paint them, but grass would stick more. I hear some guys use old oil, but then you have to wipe it off come spring. Whatever tickles your fancy I guess
Posted via Mobile Device