Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say yes! I purchased a Mag 9000 this spring. I was hopeful that it would provide me with some time savings when sharpening blades. (God knows nobody wants to spend a lot of time with a grinder and blades following a full day of cutting.)
I was pleasantly suprised with the speed of the Mag 9000 blade grinder. I was even more pleased with the quality of edge and cut that my blades had following sharpening. The Mag 9000 grinder is an "investment", as mentioned in previous posts. I have found it to be a worth while "investment in time". It has provided me with more free time and a great finished product.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rustic Goat, I currently have three mowers. (Two of which I run doubles on.) So on an average week I sharpen 15 blades. This figure is based on each set of blades getting sharpened on 8-10 hour intervals.

With the time savings from using the Mag 9000, I have freed up enough time to accasionally sharpened a neighbor's blades off of his three mowers as well. Even with the additional blades, I come in well under the time that it took to sharpen blades in the past.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the delay, "GLAN".

In the past I used a combination of bench grinder and/or 4 1/2" hand grinder. Both of which would over temp the mower blades and would take forever to remove material. It makes a great difference in having the proper grit abrasive wheel. (Refer to Magna Matic's web site for in depth details.) Not to mention having a dead on, consistant grinder angle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.