1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Mahindra Tractors

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Don Woods, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Don Woods

Don Woods LawnSite Member

Anyone operating Mahindra Tractors on job sites

2. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

They are top-notch machines. If i had no access to kubota, they would be high on my list of alternative machines.

3. coobie

coobie LawnSite Member

Very nice tractors IMHO,but there customer service at there main office Tomball Texas is lacking.:usflag:

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Think Service and RESALE!

My take:

Why spend that much on a tractor....when you can spend just a little more and get a "name brand" that has proven itself!

The Mahindra dealer that is closest to me sells them....but doesn't have a shop! That is crazy!

Go Orange or Green if you want the best tractor for your money!

5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Mahindra are excellent tractors, all tractors are made overseas so theres reall no TRUE Green and the BLUE went to new hollsomething

6. air2bmc

air2bmc LawnSite Member

My John Deere 5205 was made in georgia:usflag: so yeah its a TRUE green tractor:)

7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I agree with you a little....but I think it is safe to say that there are a couple more John Deere dealers around then Mahindra dealers.

So if you need a part, lets see how long it takes you to get it or find it. Or even finding someone to work on it!

That is all I am saying!

8. big_country

big_country LawnSite Member

What kind of engine is in your deere? More than likely its a yanmar.

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Big Country,

You wouldn't happen to be from Red Hat Kentucky would you?

10. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Green tractors are good, however the only thing they do to them in Georgia is screw the fenders on. Deere just bought out a Chinese tractor company so look for Green to come from China.