• LawnSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again LawnSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of LawnSite will experience a major upgrade later this week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue..

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit LawnSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow LawnSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, LawnSite Team

mailing list database

grassmasterswilson

LawnSite Fanatic
I'm going to create a mailing list database for future postcard mailings. What would you guys use for the name? I can use whatever the tax listing says but the address will never change and the owner might. Maybe "homeowner" or "business manager?" Is it best to just use the real name and hope it hasn't changed?

Efficiency

Banned
how about using the name of the current home owner??? :confused:
We pay a company to update our database once per year so that when our mailings go out, they speak to the current owner directly. :dancing:

Ric

LawnSite Fanatic
I'm going to create a mailing list database for future postcard mailings. What would you guys use for the name? I can use whatever the tax listing says but the address will never change and the owner might. Maybe "homeowner" or "business manager?" Is it best to just use the real name and hope it hasn't changed?
Wilson

Look on your county Property Transfer website and Get the actual name of the new homeowner. New homeowners are ready to to purchase all kinds of services. Then check on that Website every week for more new homeowner names and addresses.

There are several ways to get Mailing lists off the net either Government Tax rolls or Reverse Phone book.

OP
G

grassmasterswilson

LawnSite Fanatic
So I got a list from my County and am in the process of going through and sorting them out. Have 40k+ entries and my eyes are crosseyed so far!

I'm noticing that there are many investment companies that own multiple properties. Is it best to send to the physical address or to the owners mailing address?

Example---xxx rentals owns a resturant, a shopping center, and a hotel. Do you like to send 1 to xxx rentals or send one to each separate building?

OP
G

grassmasterswilson

LawnSite Fanatic
which address do you guys use in mailing to commercial properties? Many times the physical address and the mailing address are different. So do you think its best to send to the physical address where the manager might get it or send to the mailing address where the building owner or property management company would get it.

The other problem I see is if the physical address has no mail receptical. Does the card get returned?