Lawn Care Forum banner
461 - 480 of 992 Posts
Yup, it's spring time. It crazy how fast it goes from sitting around and being bored, to so busy that the schedule is full and I'm pulling my hair out trying to make room for everything in our schedule. Too many estimates and meeting new customers - can't get much accomplished myself.

Computer Personal computer Laptop Netbook Table

I wish I had that problem. I got 2 new customers via my website this past week. I mailed out a handful of postcards, nothing from those yet but it's only been a couple of days on those. Not really sure what to expect in the near future. The web presence appears to be pretty minimal in my area.
Posted via Mobile Device

Almost all our stuff is word of mouth. No extra advertising this year. We are running one radio ad but that is more branding than advertising for work.

Okay, how is everyone doing? Believe it or not, I'm appreciating the slightly cooler weather because it's keeping the grass from taking off too soon before we can get everything cleaned up. I expect we will be mowing by the middle to end of this week - of course it's looking like rain near the last half of the week - ah well.

How are you all making out?

Too many requests for landscape work, not enough requests for mowing service. I'm to the point where I can't mow everything in 1 day and the 2nd day is not nearly full.

I'm also to the point where I'm going to have problems balancing both jobs even though I work nights and took much of May off as vacation to make sure all the properties get mulched ect.

Deffinatly approaching the cross roads here. I'm hoping the lawn requests come in the next week or 2 as things green up.
Posted via Mobile Device

About 50/50 mowing and landscaping requests right now. Few new ones each week. TML - just wait till mid-May til mid-June. Everyone procrastinates and then panics and calls last minute. You'll get a dozen or more with 2 feet high grass calling to get their lawn back in shape hahaha.

One more cleanup and im done with that. Picked up a couple new customers this year. Im about as full as I want to be for a weekend gig I guess. Cutting all day thursdays and fridays. I wont turn down good work though so saturdays it will have to be if I can get them. Projections put me well into the black for my 3rd year PT. Money the good ol goverment lets me keep will stay in savings for emergency break downs. Im feeling good about the year.
Posted via Mobile Device

We have enough mowing to keep two crews of two busy 40-45 hrs a week plus a third crew 2 days a week roughly. The other 2 days a week I'll be doing apps and landscaping jobs. That's the PLAN anyways hahahha....we'll see.

A tad off topic, but our dealer just got Scags in this spring - they look like good machines. We are almost all Toro right now. Any of you guys got feedback on them? Might need another one this year.....

First spring full time and have all the clean up work I can handle with my set up. Working on becoming more efficient Could use more mowing accounts but they keep trickling in. Hope everyone's hitting it hard!
Posted via Mobile Device

hi havent been in awhile. hoping somebody can help here. Came up against a serious lowballer. I mean serious... couldnt believe it. Does anyone know the company Lawn guard?? They just won the CN brown contract of five storefronts in and around lewiston to gardiner to yarmouth. Yarmouth is huge hosting a dunkin donuts as well as a car wash. Contracts summary. Spring cleanup, snowdamage repair, parking lot sweeping, trash pickup, ect. they came in at $800!! the last years winning bid was $2400. The summer maintenance details weekly mow, trim the 2 plus acres of lawn plus trimming, trash pickup ,parking lot blowing along with walkways twice a month. winning bid last year was $800 a mow ( I know it is high but it was the winning bid) you know what their winning bid was?? guess..... bet you cant....$75!!!!! a freaking mow!! ( that includes eveyrthing). We wont even get into the mulch pricing.......... I know Im ranting but here is the kicker Im not last years winning bidder!!! Well that is what Im facing this year even worse that years past....I mean come that is just ridiculous. I know I know he will be out of business with those business practices but it doesnt make it right. and someone who knows what he is doing just lost out. Just like taking food out of your families mouth... People like this need a swift kick up side their head....

So if you know this guy please please do this guy a favor and let him know to smarten up...

D&B says their revenue is around 1.75 million with 20 employees, don't know how accurate the stats are ( I'm too cheap for a membership ;) )

If the stats are correct I don't think they're going anywhere.

Just ran into something similar with a large company out of Portland............
Posted via Mobile Device

461 - 480 of 992 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.