Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys do to maintain your 2-cycle equipment? Cleaning the exhaust, filters etc........I noticed mine is now bogging down and having trouble starting.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Maybe I'm just lucky but I dont do anything except tear them down once per year and I've yet to have a problem with starting or runninthem. Maybe it helps a bit since they live in an enclosed trailer.We do run premium unleaded in all the 2 cycles...even with the gas price increases, we dont mind it since we dont use that much 2 cycle gas.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Originally posted by Royalslover
Take out the exaust screen before you ever start it.
yes

Glan.....Why the hole in the muffler?

MATT

·
Registered
182 Posts
Originally posted by Expert Lawns
What do you guys do to maintain your 2-cycle equipment? Cleaning the exhaust, filters etc........I noticed mine is now bogging down and having trouble starting.
mower or handheld?? either way depending on the age of the unit, could be a worn throttle shaft

·
Registered
653 Posts
Run a tank of strait gas( not mixed) through it, to clean out the oil residue.

Oil residue is bad because it makes the engine yucky when your taking the piston out of it to to hang from you key chain.

Im not making a bit of sense. Its the end of the day, and im tired and hungry, haha.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
Run the new machine until you start lossing power.

Rather than go through the hassle of removing the screen, torching it, tapping it and replacing it. Now have you noticed that since you did that the first time how quickly you need to do that again?

Just punch a small hole near the outlet of the muffler. When that gets clogged just push a wire to clear it.

Much easier, if you do the hole correctly, your not making the machine any much louder.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.