1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Maintenance tasks often ignored...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I just thought I would post a little reminder for all to make sure all those tasks in the manual are performed as suggested. Doing 2 of these probably saved me from a bigger problem down the road.

#1 - Clean that hydro compartment under the seat!
    #2 - Check and secure bolts ( you know you are guilty of skipping it)

I was doing all my stuff today. As I cleaned out around the hydro area, I checked to make sure ll the bolts were in place and secure. But I did miss checking 2 bolts. The back bolts on the hydro pumps (hard to see much less check for tightness). But in my laziness I did manage to give the pumps a good solid wiggle. To my surprise, the left one moved!

I shook my head in ignorance like nah that didn't move...or did it? After another shake I'm like HUH ??? After looking around I saw the rear mount bolt and lock nut were both gone!

I'm glad I caught it when I did....check those bolts...all of them!

2. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

That's a good tip, since every now & then "stuff happens".:sleeping: :sleeping: