1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Maintence Supervisor

Discussion in 'Employment' started by kkls2006, Jan 11, 2007.

1. kkls2006

kkls2006 LawnSite Member

In the spring Of 07 I plan on hiring a New maintenance Supervisor, When I do this I would like to have a Job Description already in place. This should entail what his job duties are and what will be expected of him/her as well as company policy. Just wondering if anyone out there has any ideas?????

2. kkls2006

kkls2006 LawnSite Member

.......Bump.....

3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Bump.. Help this guy out. Some of you old pro's can give KKLS some good guidlines

4. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

Hi kkls2006,

Believe it or not I'm in Westfield.

Regarding your need for a job description, its pretty wide open depending on what you want them to do.

I'm assuming you're looking stricktly for a lawn maintenance (mow, trim....) supervisor to watch over a crew????

Start out with one quick paragraph that defines the overall job---whatever you think is the main function of the position:

"Supervise a crew of xx employees in the maintenance division. Maintain service schedule and keep equipment up to date as required".

Then, just bullet out what major duties there are---such as:

* Evaluate employee performance, organize and implement training to improve overall crew performance.
    * monitor weekly time schedules to identify areas for improvement.
    * record all maintenance activities with respect to expenses, employee time off, and equipment needs.
    * maintain all equipment in good working order--order spare parts as needed.
    *resolve any issues with customers with a positive attitude.
    *upsell other company functions as appropriate.
    *perform other duties as assigned by manager.

Then add some small stuff, such as global issues.....

*maintain a safe working environment at all times.
    *work overtime as required
    *communicate with manager as required to maintain schedule and support other business departments.