Making water flow uphill.

Discussion in 'Professional Discussions' started by RhettMan, Apr 9, 2019.

1. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Can yall recommend a good "sump pump box w/ pump" that would be a good candidate to remove rainwater from a holding spot in a lawn surrounded by uphillness.

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Platinum Member

Not sure how far up hill you are going but Zoeller makes a good sump pump.

RhettMan likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

maybe 3-4 ft max. and at that maybe about 100 to 200 ft distance.

I once saw a box that seemed to have a pump built specifically for it, or perhaps it was one piece as a set. it was about 1'x1'x1' used at the lowest point of a customers driveway.

it caught water both through the basin and from a drain tile through the side. i think it even had a dome type basin lid if that helps.

those zoeller pumps look nice, i would have liked to try one of those when last week when i replaced the leech line pump at my place.

this one we are going to let sicario hardwire

4. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Platinum Member

I think 1x1x1 would be to small. There pump would cycle constantly during a rain event.

5. stebs

stebs LawnSite Senior Member

The big box stores usually carry a pre-plumbed pump pit with a pump for a couple hundred. Might be cheaper to “roll your own” and put a system together yourself though.

Since you’re going to have to trench anyway, is there any way you can pit a regular drain box in with corrugated pipe to daylight somewhere and forgo the pump?

enorl76 likes this.