makita 18V chain saw

OP
redmax fan

redmax fan

LawnSite Silver Member
sorry if i already posted this . it keeps coming up on my twitter and looks like such a valuable tool to have on truck i cant get it off my mind til i buy one

Mudly

LawnSite Senior Member
I’m been waiting 20 years for a one handed sheathed powered pruning saw

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
I’m been waiting 20 years for a one handed sheathed powered pruning saw
How about battery back pack with pole pruner :cool2:

Mudly

LawnSite Senior Member

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
Dewalt has one out with a 60v battery

They’d need more 60v tools to make owning a $250 battery worth it...
Wait I can power my chain saw with my Prius battery!

Mudly

LawnSite Senior Member
Dewalt has one out with a 60v battery

They’d need more 60v tools to make owning a $250 battery worth it...
Wait I can power my chain saw with my Prius battery!
Show me

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
0v batteries are $250.
Anyone who uses battery powered tools fit anything knows you don’t have just one battery, one is charging, one is being used (at a minimum, I have a Milwaukee 6 place charger)
So you have $500 tied up in batteries.
You can buy a stihl chainsaw with twice the nuts and half the weight of that battery saw for half the price of the batteries, and we haven’t even gotten to buy the actual dewalt saw yet

EricC

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have the 40V dewalt saw. I love it, when it works. There is a cheap retaining ring holding the chain on the drive that has come off twice on me now. but I've taken down both a 40 and 50 year old sugar maple and pine with it and it is very comparable to a similarly sized homeowners gas saw. about the same weight as well.

I was surprised by how well it cut and how long it lasted. Can cut a full 6.5 foot bed of oak on 1 charge. that's plenty for me. it has it's applications.

Con's are needing more batteries depending on your application and cost. and they aren't going to match an MS-R462 or anything, but in that 12-16 inch range they're pretty comparable.

No fumes, instant on and off, no mixing. though mine leaks bar oil quite a bit, that's kind of a pain.