1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Managing crews from afar

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by velocicaur, Apr 5, 2007.

1. velocicaur

velocicaur LawnSite Member

Say for example, business goes extremely well the next 4-5 years and I have a crew or two mowing and maybe one full time spray guy. Is it possible for them to run themselves? I would check on them every weekend, maybe during the week, but other than that, they would be responsible for the equipment and such? I would definitely have to find good workers, and one foreman type person that is responsible for most of it. I would still be responsible for collecting and paying bills, but that should be possible from an outside location.

The reason I ask is that I am still in school, but I would like to attend a professional school that is 3 hours away. Could I create a business that would supply myself a small, but better than nothing, income while in school.

If something like this would not be possible, maybe I should not attempt to run something like until after I get out of school. I'm really interested in trying though. Just looking for some opinions. Thanks.

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Comment deleted.