• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Marbain mower blades

jtkplc

LawnSite Silver Member
i'm wondering that also. after 110 hours on my gravely walkbehind, i have only sharpened the blades once, and they have hardly any wear on them, amazing. the corners are almost square like when they haven't been used yet. on my 260, the stock blades lastest a LONG time too without much sharpening. I know it was well over 100 hours with those also.

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
Yep... these blades are the real deal.
I always thought, "yeah right"....
But I was eating crow and blown away with disbelief.

I would have never bought a set, but they came stock on the Lesco Z Two.
I ran them 50 hours without sharpening, and took them off to try a different blade.
They still don't really need sharpening. They are not as sharp as I sharpen blades, but I can't really tell they are any more dull than they were new.

I'll keep buying them.
Beats changing and sharpening blades daily.

TURF DOCTOR

LawnSite Silver Member
We sharpen pretty much every morning heck i might try a set, a friend had me try to sharpen a set once man those were tough to put a edge on.

jtkplc

LawnSite Silver Member
Envy Lawn Service said:
Yep... these blades are the real deal.
I always thought, "yeah right"....
But I was eating crow and blown away with disbelief.

I would have never bought a set, but they came stock on the Lesco Z Two.
I ran them 50 hours without sharpening, and took them off to try a different blade.
They still don't really need sharpening. They are not as sharp as I sharpen blades, but I can't really tell they are any more dull than they were new.

I'll keep buying them.
Beats changing and sharpening blades daily.
where do you buy them at? I've looked and couldn't find them online.

Meg-Mo

Inactive
Marbain is a trades name and if it is a Fisher barton blade you should only be able to get from OEM. Other mfg. use other names for there blades. Most MFG. don't use the marbain type blades to save a few penny's. This is why the knives for the MEG MO blades have to be made out side the US.

Likestomow

LawnSite Bronze Member
Meg-Mo said:
....This is why the knives for the MEG MO blades have to be made out side the US.
Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean here. Are you referring to saving money, or are your blades made with this marbain also?

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
jtkplc said:
where do you buy them at? I've looked and couldn't find them online.
You can get them at your Gravely dealer if they actually order you the OEM blades from Gravely. Around here a lot of dealers "don't and say the did" if you know what I mean. They have you pay OEM price for an aftermarket blade.

I believe Stens parts, which is also an Ariens company, puts out some marbain blades also.

jtkplc

LawnSite Silver Member
Envy Lawn Service said:
You can get them at your Gravely dealer if they actually order you the OEM blades from Gravely. Around here a lot of dealers "don't and say the did" if you know what I mean. They have you pay OEM price for an aftermarket blade.

I believe Stens parts, which is also an Ariens company, puts out some marbain blades also.
Alrighty, I'll try and not get ripped off! Thanks!