1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mark Up On Annual Plants

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Crew Cut Lawncare, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Crew Cut Lawncare

Crew Cut Lawncare LawnSite Member

How much do you charge in addition to your hourly rate when planting annuals for a customer. Is it a percentage of the total cost of the plants? I was thinking at least 20% since I have to pick them up.

2. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

We charge approx. $45 per flat installed. The plants cost me $8 per flat. We rototill and fertilize w/slow release fertilizer prior to planting. Any further amendments or bed creations, we charge extra.

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

rototill, plant, and fert, 45 per flat? what if u did 5 flats? u only tilled once, same fee?

4. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont forget the sales tax. If you buy something and mark it up for re-sale you need to start taking out sales tax (unless you dont have state sales tax).

Jimbo

5. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

We dont get quite that much per flat but we do get $35.00 per flat installed and i buy them at 7.00 bucks a flat but i have a buddy who owns a greenhouse/ nursery operation plus this is where i work in winter time so i get the best of the best plants at a great price also i get 4.50 per zonal cutting geranrium( not a seed ger. like they sell at home depot/ lowes for a buck )