• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Marketing

rawrod

LawnSite Member
This is a first for me so please ... When you do marketing on your own, flyers, door hangers, letters, the time spent at a PC formatting, time spent by you, how do you charge your labor and time for tax purposes? What is an acceptable rate for this?

LoneStarLawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
How much do you pay yourself? Is that what your asking...I think the gain of customer to increase profits is your goal for advertising. The time spent on it will pay itself in time. I don't belive it is necessary to due anything for tax purposes due to the fact its your business. Taxes are done for income only...they don't ask how much time you put in just how much you made.

[Edited by LoneStarLawn on 12-29-2000 at 06:02 PM]

kutnkru

LawnSite Silver Member
If you feel it absolutely necessary to write off your expenses for "advertising" check with your accountant
and you might be able to SQueeK it in under Misc. Expenditures ... highly doubt it though.

I agree with Lone Star ... its part of the blood and sweat we put out so there's no tears come payroll time.

Good Luck!!

Kris

MJ

LawnSite Senior Member
Check with your accountant, but as far as I know you're not able to deduct anything for your own time. You could deduct expenses related to materials.