Maruyama 9000 owners thread

Dawson

LawnSite Bronze Member
The dealer can make adjustments within a certain range. It isn't like the old days when we could fully adjust them, but it does seem to help. I have had other newer 2 strokes adjusted by my dealer and it made a noticeable difference.

Unfortunately I don't have any maruyama dealers within about a hundred miles of where I live so I'm pretty much on my own with this. I ordered it online.

Ill pull the carb off when I have time see if it has a plugged adjustment screw somewhere like some other carburetors I've had.

OP
Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
Unfortunately I don't have any maruyama dealers within about a hundred miles of where I live so I'm pretty much on my own with this. I ordered it online.

Ill pull the carb off when I have time see if it has a plugged adjustment screw somewhere like some other carburetors I've had.
That's what it should have. If you've messed with them before, it should be fairly easy to do. I don't have one near me either and ordered mine on line as well .

crammit442

LawnSite Member
That's what it should have. If you've messed with them before, it should be fairly easy to do. I don't have one near me either and ordered mine on line as well .

On the BL-9000, the only adjustment screw (that I'm aware of) is the L.S. screw. The anti tamper plug is directly in the center of the throttle barrel when looking down into the carb. I know we're not supposed to adjust them,:nono: but the plug is easy to remove by starting a sheet metal screw in the cap and pulling it out. Once it's out you'll need a small flathead screwdriver to reach down in the hole and adjust the small brass screw. The slot is shallow so your screwdriver needs to fit well. It's not as good as having H.S. & L.S. screws, but since the L.S. screw contributes to the total fuel delivered it can improve things quite a bit. I've had mine for 3+ years and I start mine cold with 4 or 5 primer pumps and full choke, throttle at idle position. It normally starts in 4-5 pulls cold. It starts hot with no choke and 1 or 2 pulls. If it's been off for half an hour or so, but isn't fully cold, I usually use choke until it fires, usually 2-3 pulls. Mine doesn't use plugs either. I still change plugs on all my OPE because there's nothing cheaper or easier to keep things running well. I also remove the spark arrestor screens on all my equipment. Hope this helps.
Charles

Dawson

LawnSite Bronze Member
On the BL-9000, the only adjustment screw (that I'm aware of) is the L.S. screw. The anti tamper plug is directly in the center of the throttle barrel when looking down into the carb. I know we're not supposed to adjust them,:nono: but the plug is easy to remove by starting a sheet metal screw in the cap and pulling it out. Once it's out you'll need a small flathead screwdriver to reach down in the hole and adjust the small brass screw. The slot is shallow so your screwdriver needs to fit well. It's not as good as having H.S. & L.S. screws, but since the L.S. screw contributes to the total fuel delivered it can improve things quite a bit. I've had mine for 3+ years and I start mine cold with 4 or 5 primer pumps and full choke, throttle at idle position. It normally starts in 4-5 pulls cold. It starts hot with no choke and 1 or 2 pulls. If it's been off for half an hour or so, but isn't fully cold, I usually use choke until it fires, usually 2-3 pulls. Mine doesn't use plugs either. I still change plugs on all my OPE because there's nothing cheaper or easier to keep things running well. I also remove the spark arrestor screens on all my equipment. Hope this helps.
Charles

Thanks! I I might never have found it if that's where it is.
So if riding greens theory is right that its running too lean that means I would want to back off the screw maybe a half a turn and see how things go? That would let more gas through if I'm thinking correctly?

crammit442

LawnSite Member
Thanks! I I might never have found it if that's where it is.
So if riding greens theory is right that its running too lean that means I would want to back off the screw maybe a half a turn and see how things go? That would let more gas through if I'm thinking correctly?

That's correct. Make sure it's fully warm and heat soaked before adjusting. Since there's only a L.S. screw, if it idles well, you can lock the cruise control wide open and turn the screw a bit in either direction and you will probably pick up a few RPM. It's just a small compromise between decent idle/throttle response and WOT rpm. I'd personally settle for a slightly less than perfect idle for more rpm wide open. FWIW, most, if not all barrel carbs will have the L.S. adjustment in the same place. Some have a plugged H.S. adjustment as well, but not many. One of the awesome things about Amazon/eBay Chinese replacement carbs is they typically put good old adjustment screws like they used to:nod:.
Charles

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
My dealer replaced the carb or some part of it early on in my first yamas life. It was very hard starting. He definitely replaced something not just adjusted.

The yamas been good blowers but they going to the junk heap soon. I think it been 3-4years now? They all held together w/duct tape and zip ties and bungee cords at this point which is expected lifespan.

Hopefully they update I will try the new unit.

Top Forums