1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Maruyamas use Shibaura and Kawasaki engines??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tb8100, May 13, 2008.

1. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

I was looking on Maruyama's site and the blowers have Kawasaki and Shibaura engines. I didn't know Shibaura made 2 strokes....this is interesting.

You know, as Hustler continues to diversify and work with Shibaura, I wonder if we'll see Hustler handhelds? :confused:

2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I have been asking this question too. Maruyama BL8100 blower use Kawasaki engine and it looked very similar to the big Kawasaki blower.

I am not sure the top CER300 and CER230 are by either company.

Look and play with their stuff a few times, sure looked very good. I have a dealer carrying them and they have 5 years commercial warrante. I like their BL3100, it should be the strongest hand held blower. 30.2cc 2 cycle, 1.7hp.

Thinking about carrying their line? It sure look good. So did you decide on which 4 cycle trimmer you are going to carry?:waving:

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Shibaura is a very large global company, and their parent company is even larger....
    You would be amazed at what they do.....

Pj

4. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Oh, I like to know everything about every product line before deciding what to carry. I'm still looking hard at Husqvarna as they have a number of products I need (including a super nice 4 stroke trimmer). It helps that we're already a Husqvarna certified service center. :usflag:

EDIT: shoot, you passed me up in posts! I need to get on it!!