Maryland pesticide licensing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by StBalor, Apr 23, 2006.

  1. StBalor

    StBalor LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 798

    Can any marylanders point me in the right direction on how to get a pesticide license. I have been reading and i see alot of a person must work for someone who is currently licensed for a minimum of 1 year. I can't see me doing that.
    Are there any classes i can take to gain a license? I was looking in the AACC summer classes book but i did not see anything in there.
  2. thomsoutdoor

    thomsoutdoor LawnSite Platinum Member
    Messages: 4,444

    You need to take 2 classes for turf and one additional for trees and shrubs, This will allow you to take the State test. The hard part is getting insurance.
    I am not sure if AA teaches the required classes. I had to go to ccbc at Dundalk to take the classes. The classes are something like "turf management", "IPM", and "pesticide use and safety". You no longer have to work for someone for a year. I don't have the number handy but call the MDA. You you run into problems email me at and I will dig it up for you.

Share This Page