1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Master of Disaster

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by TWUllc, Dec 15, 2005.

1. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys. I need some advice. I have an opportunity to purchase a 2 year old, 20foot enclosed trailer from a friend (used 3 times), for, $2500, thats right, $2500.00! (Moving to FL)

<b>ONLY PROBLEM</b> - It has barn style rear doors.:realmad:

Am planning on keeping it. Heres where the fun begins. I want to use it for my lawn care equipment. Can anyone say, RAMP? Any ideas how to rig a ramp up inside the trailer, still utilizing the barn style doors? I have one idea, but it'll take me 30 minutes to type it all out. I'll have 5 feet of free space from the back of the trailer to the rear of my rider. Start thinkin, I have all winter to come up with a master plan. Thanks!

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Call trailer dealer, order new style 'ramp' door, unhinge barn doors, attach ramps. Done.

Why complicate things. In the end I bet it'll be just about the same money wise if you figure your time (and money) into it.

3. vntgrcr

vntgrcr LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a trailer with barn doors and needed a ramp for my race car. I took the barn doors off and built a ramp with square tube, sheet aluminum riveted to the frame and some basic fabricated hinges. Very simple, basic welding. If you weld, you could do it or a fab shop/ weld shop could do it for a couple of hundred $$. Good luck.

4. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Wells Cargo makes a bolt on ramp for barn style doors. brickman ran them back in Illinois on several of their trailers.