Material Collection Systems Bagger V.S. Dump From the Seat

drakewylde

LawnSite Member
Now that Spring Clean-up if fast approaching us and some already are hammering away, what are your thoughts on the standard bagger system vs the dump from the seat collection system? I have a Deere z925a and I am leaning towards the dump type for saving time and energy.

What do you guys feel is the better of the two systems? Pros and Cons?

Thanks Again!

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
If you have a trailer that you can back up onto to dump, then the DFS seems mighty nice, but I think the bag style is better for the average LCO. They bag style allows you to dump onto, or into a trailer, into a truck bed etc., and they don't stick out in the rear quite as far, plus they break down smaller to store out of the way. Just MO.

OP
D

drakewylde

LawnSite Member
If you have a trailer that you can back up onto to dump, then the DFS seems mighty nice, but I think the bag style is better for the average LCO. They bag style allows you to dump onto, or into a trailer, into a truck bed etc., and they don't stick out in the rear quite as far, plus they break down smaller to store out of the way. Just MO.

Most of the properties that we do are dumped directly in our trailer or to the nearest woods. I just think that staying on the mower and not having to dump the bags would be nice!

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic

Most of the properties that we do are dumped directly in our trailer or to the nearest woods. I just think that staying on the mower and not having to dump the bags would be nice!
Like I said, if you have a place where you can dump easily, then I would opt for the DFS system. Just consider whether or not you will have those same options down the road a year or two, and if you are sure you still will, then go for it.

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
I have a truck loader, so I use the dfs baggers. For the navigator I bought, I will buy tubs for it so I don't have to use the loader in the summer and just dump it in the truck bed
Posted via Mobile Device

andyslawncare

LawnSite Senior Member

ttstockdogs

LawnSite Member
Drake,
I just bought a 910A with the DFS bagger.

Pros:
The bagger is very easy to dump. Lift the handle, drive ahead a little, (the grass is higher than the door when it dumps) push the handle down and off you go. I appears to be very well built.

Cons:
The bagger is expensive, it sticks way back there and cuts your rear view. (I would assume the 3 bag does as well, have to dump grass on ground or in a trailer you drive onto.

TriCountyLawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
Depends on your situation, dumping on site, debris loader etc, Ive used both and its nice to be able to put the bags in the truck vs dumping and shoveling them unless maybe you have a laborer. When I had a Toro that dumped (think Navigator or Walker) I dumped into a toro cloth bagger and then dumped it into the truck.

I did some work on a house whose LCO used grasshoppers that dumped off a platform on site into a 30' ravine. Bagged,dumped and they never got off the mowers.