• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Maxi sneaker parts

Michdeere

LawnSite Member
Do any of you Maxi Sneaker users know of a parts or salvage yard for these machines? I've got a Series B and I need a cylinder head for it. It has the 2 cylinder Mitsubishi diesel engine. The Case dealer wants about $1800 for a new one. I'd think I could buy a good used one and have it machined for a whole lot less than that...Thanks (My apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this)

Mjtrole

LawnSite Member
Do any of you Maxi Sneaker users know of a parts or salvage yard for these machines? I've got a Series B and I need a cylinder head for it. It has the 2 cylinder Mitsubishi diesel engine. The Case dealer wants about $1800 for a new one. I'd think I could buy a good used one and have it machined for a whole lot less than that...Thanks (My apologies if this is the wrong forum to post this)
try a local lawn mower shop or even a lawn and garden or small engine repairs shops around town if they can't order one for you i bet they can point you to somebody who can, we used a place in dearborn on park street off outer drive and michigan ave. not sure if it's still there but we used to get onan engine parts for our mini's and engine parts for our 360 there, i can't locate any info for the place so i'm not sure it is still there.

greenmonster304

LawnSite Platinum Member
there is a place in Holbrook NY called AGC Irrigation (631) 218-0901 that deals with a lot of maxi sneakers. Just make sure if you deal with them you know that they are sending you the right part because they are "salesmen" if you know what I mean.

OP
M

Michdeere

LawnSite Member
I'd be looking for another engine before I'd buy an $1800 part.
That's why I'd kinda like to find a parts yard. I tried going straight through Mitsubishi and after some digging, the parts guy says I have to go through Case. Something about the engine being "proprietary" or specifically built for the Maxi.

OP
M

Michdeere

LawnSite Member
there is a place in Holbrook NY called AGC Irrigation (631) 218-0901 that deals with a lot of maxi sneakers. Just make sure if you deal with them you know that they are sending you the right part because they are "salesmen" if you know what I mean.
I'll give them a try, thank you.