May be worth the risk RM on ebay in San Jose

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320855939295+

The guy thought he had a universal but I sent him a note telling him otherwise. He immediately knocked it down another 60 bucks.

So for 195.00 two transmitters. One missing an antennae. The RM part of the receiver. assuming one of those transmitters works that receiver all you need to buy is the universal adapter. If you have to repair anything add another 300.00. You are still well under 1200.00 for a new one.

Mike Leary

LawnSite Fanatic
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320855939295+

The guy thought he had a universal but I sent him a note telling him otherwise. He immediately knocked it down another 60 bucks.

So for 195.00 two transmitters. One missing an antennae. The RM part of the receiver. assuming one of those transmitters works that receiver all you need to buy is the universal adapter. If you have to repair anything add another 300.00. You are still well under 1200.00 for a new one.
I've seen that ad a while ago, I'd be asking for the serial numbers and be checking with the factory before I bought them.

SoCalLandscapeMgmt

LawnSite Silver Member
The last two RM remotes that I scored on e-Bay were basically new. One had been used once the other looked like it was never used. I think I scored each of them for like $600 or so each!! The one guy said he had no idea what it even was or how to test it. There are good deals on RM remotes every once in a while if you watch for them.

irrig8r

LawnSite Platinum Member
The last two RM remotes that I scored on e-Bay were basically new. One had been used once the other looked like it was never used. I think I scored each of them for like $600 or so each!! The one guy said he had no idea what it even was or how to test it. There are good deals on RM remotes every once in a while if you watch for them.
Like new and the guy didn't know what they were for? Makes me think they were hot.

OP
FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER

Banned
Has anybody bought a used promax sent it in for repairs and discovered it was stolen? Unless rain master is contacted I doubt they have the ability to separate the stolen from those that were just resold. Something occurred to me that I have never done. Get your serial numbers off the remote and file them for future reference. I've had two rms stolen that I was clueless as to the serial numbers.

On my new iPhone I'm requiring a code be pressed to get into it and turned on tracking. I'm going to put a small tag on the back that says .....this iPhone is password protected and is being tracked. 50.00 reward for its return no questions asked.

SoCalLandscapeMgmt

LawnSite Silver Member
I looked it up.... The other RM remote that I bought came from one of those wholesale liquidators down in Orange County. I highly doubt that either unit was hot. I ink I just happened to get a couple of good deals.