Lawn Care Forum banner

May finally pull the trigger on a Bobcat s650

5K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  stuvecorp 
#1 ·
Got some numbers on a s650 today wanted to compare some pricing with guys that own this machine or guys that have got prices on them. what i dont understand is that the machine jumped up 2,000 more from last year.

New unit they want 46,000 that is with tax i felt that was to high. THis machine has everything in it but 2 speed.

Also had a unit with only 175 hours for 38,000 that is also with tax that sounds alot better to me. I may go for that one.

Both machines come with buckets

#2 ·
Got some numbers on a s650 today wanted to compare some pricing with guys that own this machine or guys that have got prices on them. what i dont understand is that the machine jumped up 2,000 more from last year.

New unit they want 46,000 that is with tax i felt that was to high. THis machine has everything in it but 2 speed.

Also had a unit with only 175 hours for 38,000 that is also with tax that sounds alot better to me. I may go for that one.

Both machines come with buckets
Its kinda like buying gold. The best time to buy was last year. If your gonna do it you might want to do it now. I know CASE and CAT both are planning increases next year. CASE goes up 5% in Jan. Thats why I pulled the trigger now instead of waiting. I think these are raw material increases and not necessarily market demand driving the increase (actually I am sure of that). Bobcat (although made of lesser quality steel) I am sure will still see the increase as well (I am kidding about the lesser quality steel).:laugh:

Would you consider a machine without 2 speed?

#3 ·
Its kinda like buying gold. The best time to buy was last year. If your gonna do it you might want to do it now. I know CASE and CAT both are planning increases next year. CASE goes up 5% in Jan. Thats why I pulled the trigger now instead of waiting. I think these are raw material increases and not necessarily market demand driving the increase (actually I am sure of that). Bobcat (although made of lesser quality steel) I am sure will still see the increase as well (I am kidding about the lesser quality steel).:laugh:

KSSS my s330 has 2 speed its def an awesome feature during snow time but im not even sure if the 650 im looking at has it im going to have to ask him tomm. It would be nice if it did have it but if not what can i do

#5 ·

Do you think that some of this increase is tied to Tier IV requirements? I think all machines above 75hp have to be ready by the end of next year and I have heard that it is adding a lot of cost to machines.
Posted via Mobile Device

#10 ·
SALOPEZ if your buddy got that machine for that price give me that dealers number asap i would buy the same machine lol.

TBI you cant knock the old 773 man i had that machine and it held up very well. How do you like that new holland? I heard that they changed the arms around a bit to get better visibility?

#17 ·
OK guys so heres the deal with that machine on craigs list that was posted up and you tell me what you think. 2011 bobcat s650 they were asking 31,500 for the machine they said it had 140 hours seems theres 240 hours lol. They owe 24,500 on the machine with 32 months of payments left. They want 4,500 cash and for someone to take over payments which ends up to be 30 grand.. I dont know but for a machine thats only 10 months old it sounds like a hell of a deal to me. What do you boys think??? OH and the same machine new is 45,000

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.