McCullock chainsaw

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by lawn6@bigpond, Aug 22, 2005.

1. lawn6@bigpond

lawn6@bigpond LawnSite Member

I came across a small McCullock chainsaw saw that has this prob when you pull the starter cord it almost pulls your arm off any idea's before I pull it down.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Is it snapping back on you or just plain hard to pull ?

3. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I'm guessing its a OLD model, like a 250, or SP125 series, those are the only sorts I know of that can actually snap back and do anything. the modern taiwanese models, are kinda wimpy in that dept.

Post the model, and I'll answer pretty much any question you have on the Mac saws. I collect these, so theres really not much I dont know about a Mac. I even know of the rare models, and intimate info on those, like the BP1, which is extra rare.

4. lawn6@bigpond

Yes it does snap back when you pull the rope .

5. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I'm gonna leave this one to oldsaw-addict, He is da ace !
    Post the numbers as he asked !

6. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

My old 250 doesnt do this, but the timing on it is set pretty well too. seeing as how you'e in austrailia, I know Elux owns the McC brand down there, here in the US, its Jenn Feng, distrubuted by MTD.

you may have an OLD saw with points ignition, which is likely to be in need of resetting, in which case its simple, though if its a newer saw, with electronic ignition, you probably have a sheared flywheel key, also a simple fix.

7. lawn6@bigpond

Thanks guy's will check it out soon.