Lawn Care Forum banner
421 - 440 of 932 Posts
Discussion starter · #421 ·
trucks look good next too each other have any idea what plow you will put on the chevy?
id like it to be red and have a chain lift :laugh: too bad western doesnt really have a nice plow for a 1/2 ton. but i think ill most likely go with a snow dogg v like jeremy's or a meyers. we will have to see what my money situation looks like at the end of the summer

id like it to be red and have a chain lift :laugh: too bad western doesnt really have a nice plow for a 1/2 ton. but i think ill most likely go with a snow dogg v like jeremy's or a meyers. we will have to see what my money situation looks like at the end of the summer
gotcha you could put a western midweight on it probably be a tad heavier than a Meyer but it should be fine. The v would be nice for those big storms just gonna be a little rougher on your truck

Discussion starter · #423 ·
gotcha you could put a western midweight on it probably be a tad heavier than a Meyer but it should be fine. The v would be nice for those big storms just gonna be a little rougher on your truck
hmm i didnt even consider that! i know that they have the smaller western plow that has a cylinder like a boss but i didnt know the midweight existed. I might go with that if i can get one for the right price! Id like the trucks to match. plus this plow has been really reliable

Discussion starter · #424 ·
Well I guess the season has started? I am hoping things will pick up soon and I am sure that they will, but right now its slow. Heres a downed tree removal i did over the weekend

Plant Sky Tree Building Wood

Plant Twig Window Wood Terrestrial plant

Plant Tree Terrestrial plant Evergreen Twig

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

@McG_Landscaping

Out of curiosity, How big was the tree? What do you charge for such a clean up if you don't mind me asking? Pm if you want. Thanks

Discussion starter · #428 ·
There's like a branch or two... Bet that was fun work, love using the chainsaw!
Posted via Mobile Device
just a branch or two
@McG_Landscaping

Out of curiosity, How big was the tree? What do you charge for such a clean up if you don't mind me asking? Pm if you want. Thanks
pm sent
Nice size tree. I send those big trees to a tree service. By the time I cut it up and fill two p/u trucks and trailer and unload it, pay dumping fees I'd have to charge way more than a tree service.
yeah its bigger than i thought. but it still wasnt too bad. i rather do the work and make some money than have no work at all!

Discussion starter · #430 ·
nice work and a good looking sized tree. Howd you get that once big piece into the back of the silverado
thanks! i just picked it up over my shoulder and threw it in the truck like a beast :weightlifter: haha no i actually just took the 250 to the job then realized i didnt have enough room so my dad brought the 1500 over and me him and my brother lifted it in.

Discussion starter · #431 ·
just a few pics of some stuff that I have been doing. i removed some bushes and i also transplanted a tree.

Plant Window Property Building Sky

Plant Window Building Door House

Plant Road surface Asphalt Grass Flooring

Plant Building Window Property Leaf

Plant Property Tree Waste container Land lot

Discussion starter · #432 ·
also started a wall reconstruction. i work with my uncle doing any hardscaping and i did the tear out and will assist with the rebuild, but with school he will be doing most of the rebuild.

Plant Road surface Land lot Asphalt Flooring

Plant Green Road surface Evergreen Hedge

Plant Road surface Grass Bedrock Groundcover

Plant Window Grass Wall Road surface

Discussion starter · #436 ·
thanks guys! the wall should be done tomorrow and i should help finish it up if its close

Discussion starter · #437 ·
well there were a couple changes this past week. I sold the toro 44" and bought a hydro cub cadet 36". I will post a pic of it now but I will have more over the weekend after I start mowing. Work has been pouring in at a rate almost more than I can handle. I have already picked up roughly 10 new yards this year and the season has not even started :dizzy::dizzy: This should be a good year!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Discussion starter · #439 ·
What do you find is the best way for you to get those customers? Fliers?
no ive never handed out fliers. I had a few WELL WRITTEN detailed ads on craigslist which said what I did and also pointed them to my website to see past work. That got the work flowing and I had to take them down because I was looking at too much work with school. My area is flooded with work even though there are a ton of landscape companies. Word of mouth has also been the best. I just landed a high paying wall job and an even better patio job from a current lawn client and a neighbor of a client. word of mouth is still the best but I will take whatever I can get

421 - 440 of 932 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.