1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

MD Application Exam

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawman, Feb 18, 2001.

  1. lawman

    lawman LawnSite Member
    Messages: 199

    Who can I take the exam with out having the right type of BS degree? Is there some type of class that I can take anywere. I live in Maryland.
  2. Chopper Lover

    Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 288

    I just looked into this myself and this is what I think the requirements are.

    They prefer you to work under someone that is certified for at least a year. If you do not have that option they will accept a degree in biology, horticulture or some degree of a similar nature.

    If you go to this web site:

    For Nutrients (Fertilizer)

    For Pesticides

    I hope this helps.
  3. lawman

    lawman LawnSite Member
    Messages: 199

    Ya this is the problem that I ran into. My dregee is in history. I might have to have my wife get and hold the lic. for the year. Thank for the web site information.
  4. guntruck

    guntruck LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 527

    I just faxed some paper work to Rich Martin who is in Md too. If you want email me and i will get it to you. In Md you need either the 1 year exp. under a licensce or these 2 classes, pesticide use and safety and turf management. Upon completeion of these two classes you can than take the test for the state of Md. Email me if you want info.


Share This Page