Measuring tool

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobdaduke, Mar 15, 2005.

  1. bobdaduke

    bobdaduke LawnSite Member
    Messages: 79

    What tool can you use other than a measuring tape to measure property demensions. This one company had a tool with one wheel to roll across the grass to measure the property but im clueless as to what they are called.
  2. all ferris

    all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,309

    rollatape :dizzy: :dizzy:
  3. rodfather

    rodfather LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 9,501

    They're called a measuring wheel...very inexpensive too.
  4. Toy2

    Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,924

    Got mine at Harbor Freight, about $12.00, Home depot has them for about $22.00, Good to have...
  5. grass_cuttin_fool

    grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,526

  6. bobdaduke

    bobdaduke LawnSite Member
    Messages: 79

    Thank you very much
  7. Flex-Deck

    Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,845

    Heck just go to a sporting goods store that has hunting equip, and get a 400 yard range finder. You can almost sit in your truck at one corner and shoot the size from one spot.

    Thanks Brad
  8. David Grass

    David Grass LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 485

    That sounds cool, how much are they? and how acurate?
  9. AEW

    AEW LawnSite Member
    Messages: 161

    Nice idea flex-deck. I have got to try that. I cant believe that has never crossed my mind to use since I own two of them. I am an idiot.
  10. Ed Ryder

    Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 541

    I read here previously that someone was using a GPS device to measure their lawns?

Share This Page