1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

MEASURING WHEEL

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Strawbridge Lawn, Jan 23, 2001.

1. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Did some searching for a web site that offer good quality distance measuring wheels. The cheapest I have found is 99 bucks.. Anyone know of a place where I can get a good one for less?
    Thanks in advance

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Home Depot or Lowes. I paid about 70 bucks for mine at a surveying and engineering supply store, and now I see them for about 50.

3. I got mine at Lowe's. If I remember right it was under $50. Works great, has a collapsable handle so it fits in the tool box easier.

4. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

5. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

Quality Farm and Fleet - $59.00
    TSC - Tractor Supply Co. - $69.00

6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

If your not going to use it a whole lot, like me, go to Lowes and buy the el-cheapo model. It has a small wheel which isn't real great across grass but for measuring beds and such it works fine. Mine was $29.95!!!!!!!

7. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks all. Amazing how much time you can spend in a Lowes and Home Depot and NOT see something!. Appreciate the links also will check them out.

8. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased the big-wheel at TSC its been several yrs, but i think it was around 60 dollars. Works fine and its quick. But like Homer says if you don't use them much a cheapie is fine. Marks Mowing Service

9. cut-rite

cut-rite LawnSite Member

Harbor freight tools has the small weel one ,it's $12.00. Works O.K. I have a big one in my work truck and keep the little one in my pickup, that way when people ask for an estimate I always have a weel.

10. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I got mine at Lowes, about $50.00