1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Meeting ex customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sandgropher, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

When i see ex customers i act so happy to see them, if driving past i toot my horn ,wave and call out how are you going ?

In shopping centres i have rushed up to them and asked about the family,lawn pets etc and generally treated them like a long lost brother .

This makes them squirm and they wish Scotty could beam them up quick i am sure.

Does anybody else do this or do i need proffessonal counselling ? ;)

2. ojpent

ojpent LawnSite Member

I do the same thing, Its better when you see a customer that cancelled your service after a year just to find someone cheaper... The look on there faces is "PRICELESS".

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL, i do the same thing itz gives you a good laugh.

4. Yard-Ape

Yard-Ape LawnSite Member

Same here, except I don't have to "act" like I'm happy to see them. I am usually "giddy" over the fact that I don't have to service them anymore.

5. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Its funny but they cant look you in the eye half the time as if they are guilty of something, i like watching them cringe, the problem is i have very few ex customers so i cant have much fun with them. :)