Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Meg-Mo blades are in perfect balance at all times. Centrifical force does this. The blades you are using are balanced when you put them on. When you take your blades off to sharpen they have a nick in them. When did this happen, right after you put them on or just before you took them off? With a nick in your blades they are out of balance.
Meg-Mo blades don't just nick and tip speed does not have anything to do with this. We have blades on Dixie Choppers, Exmark, John Deere, Hustler and all 70 or 80 other brands of mowers, including the new Bad Boy.
We invented these blades on a JD and an Exmark and both machines are 12 or 13 years old and still out perform any other mower out there.
All mower manufactures tell how great their machines are, but all use 70 year old technology in their blades. Six or seven companies make all blades used today on mowers. They have told us that we are just selling blades.
I was tired of what you people are putting up with so now we make apleasure out of mowing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i am very interested in your blades, but they are a little to pricey for me right now.

how often do you replace the knives?

what happens when you bend a disc?

How do they do on rough terrian?

do they eat up the hp as much as running doubles?

how about a free set to demo????
( 61" ferris)

·
Registered
319 Posts
How do they do in thick grass? Do they still perform well? It seems as though they would try to fold back not pushing through like standard blades. Also, do you offer any type of 30 day satisfaction guarantee or anything. I am like the other guys with interest in your product but cannot let go of that much money not knowing exactly what I am getting.

If these are what you say you shouldn't have any concern of any coming back if a 30 day guarantee was offered.!

I look forward to your reply.

Reactions: The Swamp Fox

·
Registered
14,691 Posts
They do have a 30 day money back guarantee. Normally there is a 20% restocking fee but Roy (Meg-Mo) is doing away with it for Lawnsite users.

I am currently waiting for my set to show up at my door.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Mow

do they eat up the hp as much as running doubles?

I'm running a set on a JD 757 with a 25hp and I don't notice any loss of power whatsoever. Give Meg MO Systems a call they can answer the rest of your questions for you.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Meg-Mo you have said a few times now that the blades do not nick. But they get dull right? Sharpening them is still an issue. How would you go about sharpening them and maintaining proper balance. Now if ya tell me they wont get dull either, I just might have to invest in a set. If this is the case, they would be well worth the money.

Wont need 30 days to test em. I will know after the first day

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Read my post it tell about balance. the knives will out wear 3 or 4 sets of the blades you are using now. take 4 times what you pay for what you are using anr the MEG MO are not to costley. yes knives do dull but very easy to sharpen.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Originally posted by Richard Martin

I am currently waiting for my set to show up at my door.
What brand of mower did you buy them for?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Maybe I'm not that smart, but I can't see how you could balance these after the first sharpening.
Can you enlighten me?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Meg-mo i run swing back blades on one of my Zs and they will nick mate. There is no way that you can tell me they don't cause they do.:confused: You hit somthing somthing with your Meg-mo blades and there going to nick. That simple!

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Originally posted by Ax Man
Maybe I'm not that smart, but I can't see how you could balance these after the first sharpening.
Can you enlighten me?
Read Meg Mo's post at the top of the page.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Originally posted by pinnacle
Meg-mo i run swing back blades on one of my Zs and they will nick mate. There is no way that you can tell me they don't cause they do.:confused: You hit somthing somthing with your Meg-mo blades and there going to nick. That simple!
Hey are they Meg Mo blades? These blades are heat treated harder than most blades and are made of harder steel.

·
Registered
791 Posts
They aint meg-mo but there heat treated like all the blades I buy.
We have a company in Australia Called Graden Industries that fabricate blades and they are all heat treated.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by Meg-Mo
The Meg-Mo blades are in perfect balance at all times. Centrifical force does this.
Unless my 20 years of helicopter theory has changed, I'm sorry to disagree, but unless you have a bolt on dymanic balancer made for a Helicopter or similar spinning machinery for each blade set, centrifical force will not dymanically balance them at speed. Also, though each individual blade may "lead or lag" as the center of weight changes for each blade, they still will be out of balance as a spinning unit.

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
The blades will not be balanced unless they are all 4 exactly alike and even then, they will not be balanced until fully extended and at top speed.

Also that same Centrifical Force is the same force that will be applied to any object it strikes. So the blades will get nicks.

Also if they are heat treated to the point they will not nick, they will shatter.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Originally posted by Envy Lawn Service
The blades will not be balanced unless they are all 4 exactly alike and even then, they will not be balanced until fully extended and at top speed.

Also that same Centrifical Force is the same force that will be applied to any object it strikes. So the blades will get nicks.

Also if they are heat treated to the point they will not nick, they will shatter.
Have you tried them?

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
Originally posted by bastalker
$180 a set for the lazer is a little steep for me right now.
Well, sorry Bastalker, that would be $194.85 to outfit a 52-60" Lazer.

And if they're 4x's better then that comes to the Meg-Mo being $64.85 MORE than 4 sets of regular 70 year old technology blades. (that gets me 6 more blades!)

As for balancing.....You'd have to weigh each blade and make each blade weigh the same after sharpening it. That or get Pete's Helicopter balancing aparatus which is yours for the unbelieveably low, low price of.....

The sharpening procedure still concerns me. Unbolt 3 disc's, then unbolt 12 blade bolts, then attempt to hold little bitty blade while sharpening on commercial blade grinder while your hands are getting showered with hot sparks.

*****OR*****

Unbolt 3 blade bolts, and install any one of the 18 previously sharpened blades, and reinstall blade bolt.

Hmmm.....

Yes, I'm a DOUBTING Thomas.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by TLS

As for balancing.....You'd have to weigh each blade and make each blade weigh the same after sharpening it. That or get Pete's Helicopter balancing aparatus which is yours for the unbelieveably low, low price of.....
Hey, now don't get me involved, I'm on your side:D :D

1 - 20 of 163 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.