Meg-Mo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chimmygew, Feb 1, 2004.

1. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Took what off? the Meg-mo's or the mulching kits. Meg-mo please explain. Also you recently replied to some questions I had about them and replied that the do not need to be sharpened as often. Why? That is why I asked for the price for additional blades. So I could have one set on hand sharpened and one set on the mower.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

They took off the mulch kits. Mulch kits SLOW YOU DOWN!!
    John

3. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks John, since I have never used a mulch kit on any of my equipment I assume what you mean is you need to cut at a slower pace. Any windrows with a OCDC?

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Windrows are common with an ocdc BUT its better then cleaning out the mulch beds or washing off the house:D
    John

5. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

I want to leave the cover on the side of my 21 when i mulch. Will my 5.5 Honda engine run Meg mo's better then the standard mulching blade i have now, if i leave the mulch plate on. I like it on cause i do small residintial and i dont want clippings to fly into the beds and whatnot, i want them to drop straight down.

6. LASTEC

LASTEC LawnSite Member

Meg Mo

I would like to test a set on our 72" Articulator in the spring.

7. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

DieselDeere, by better discharge I mean they discharge farther than the original blades. Over 3 full cuts, which is 18' or more. This is due to the tremendous lift that these blades afford............Lynn

8. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

trying 2b organic

Sorry we do make blades for the 21 type mowers any more. Had some problems so have stop making them for you type mowers.

9. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Shane
    Are you going to be in Louisville Ky next week? If so call us and I will bring a set along.

10. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I have some customers that really like the Meg-Mo blades
    Thanks Brad