1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Meg-Mo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chimmygew, Feb 1, 2004.

1. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Hmm, maybe you should address this to Chuck. I wonder if any other members have the same problem. The buttons always load fine for me.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Try them first. I really do think you will like them.
    John

3. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

My question is has anyone every had the knives come off since they are just held on with a bolt and lock nut.

Tim

4. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

What are the fasteners for and what do left and right blades mean? If I want to get a backup set of blades, what all do I need to order? I have a 36" toro proline. Thanks.

5. DLCS

Yea, I had one come off but it wasn't a problem with Meg Mo blades. I was mowing a apartment complex that I've mowed for a couple of years. There is one spot that I just raise the deck up and stradle a man hole cover that sticks up a few inches. I've done this many times with no problem. Well, the last time I tried it, the blade on the left side hit the edge of the man hole cover and one knife came loose and the disc got bent. The bolt holding the knife on sheared itself off. I was able to staighten the disc in a vise.

6. John Gamba

from ct

It sounds like they Meg-mo saved your spindle??Ive never had one come off.
    John

7. DLCS

I can't say for sure what would have happened, if I was using stock blades, but more than likely the spindle would have been damaged. So, yeh I'm sure the Meg Mo blades save my spindle.

8. J&J Lawn Care

J&J Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I see alot of questions asked about meg-mo as in what size do I need and how much are they and it doesn't sound like anyone has recieved an answer from meg-mo. I sent an e-mail to them 3 days ago and have not recieved a return answer from them are they around some answers would be good. Sorry for being negetive I don't post much but read the lawn site alot .

Thanks Jimmy

9. DLCS

Jimmy,

Give Meg Mo a call. He may be out of town at a trade show. I know he hasn't posted for a few days.

10. John Gamba

from ct

Same here jimmy
    He does like to take care of business by him self. The personnel touch.
    John