1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Meg-Mo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chimmygew, Feb 1, 2004.

1. J&J Lawn Care

J&J Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Thanks Eric & John I'll give them a call.

jimmy

2. zero_turn_mowers

zero_turn_mowers LawnSite Senior Member

He gave me a quate on time on a Grasshopper Mower 61' Deck and for the disc and knives was $225.00 (3 Spindles)

Tim

3. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

We attended the Louisville Farm Machinery Show 02-11 to 02-14. Had a great show. Only one person from LawnSite came to the booth. We were so busy that we didn't get to stop for lunch but that is what shows are for. If there are any questions that we missed, please post again. I will be at the show in Dubuque, Iowa this weekend. Hope to see some of you there.

4. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm considering the Meg-Mo's this season. A couple questions....

How easily do they attach, and what is the process to remove and sharpen the knives? Are they more difficult or time-consuming to remove and sharpen than regular blades?

Will switching to Meg-Mo's decrease front blow-out on an ExMark TT? I get horrible blow-out when using doubles on leaves, although skirting on the front of the deck takes care of that. But it would be nice not to have to install skirting every Fall....

5. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

Naturescape, The Meg-Mo attaches just like your blades do now. All you have to do is take your old blades off and put Meg-Mo blades on. You have two options to sharpen, 1. Take the disc off the mower, fold the knives back and sharpen on the bench grinder, 2. raise the mower deck, fold the knives back and sharpen with hand grinder. Please do NOT take each individual knife off as this has a locking nut with red locktight and when you take off knife it loses locking qualities. As far as the blow out you have, Meg-Mo is more like running single blades. Your doubles sit lower so therefore you get blow out. Let me know if there is anything else I could help you with.

6. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Meg-Mo,

Thanks for answering all my questions. I'll be ordering a set from you soon!

7. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

What all do you need to order for a backup set?

8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I just carry a few extra knives and fasteners with me in the toolbox.

9. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm curious. Other than being basically double blades, what is it about the Meg-Mo design that makes it do so much better? From a casual look at it, it looks like the business end of them is pretty much like regular blades.

And for my 48" lazer z hp would I have to buy $270 worth of blades????? Or is that $89.99 for all three discs?

10. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Here is the deal, $180 for a set of meg mo's, or $30 for a set of high lifts that will do the exact same thing....I would rather spend $150 somewhere else, cause you will not convince me that meg mo's cut better than any other blade. I dont care if you never have to sharpen them. Go to Eric Elm's web page. He didn't use meg mo's, and his lawns are awsome! He used doubles, high lifts.

Dont mean to rain on your parade meg, but I will NEVER pay that much for a set of blades!!!!! Sorry.........